What is the best camera for adventure travel?
Here are a few of the best cameras for adventure travel:
There are so many amazing cameras out there today, how do you choose the right one?
- And of course, settings
If you travel frequently, you probably want to invest in a nice camera. The cameras these days are unreal! They shoot amazing quality without the bulk you used to have to lug around. Adventure Travel usually requires a good bit of physical activity. The last thing you want on a vacation is to be limited because of your camera. Slide it in your pocket and go!
These cameras aren’t much bigger than the average point and shoot, except they offer huge 20x or 30x zoom lenses.
Here are the top 10 cameras to travel with for 2018….
#10: Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III
- In-body 5-axis image stabilization for blur-free stills and smooth 4K video
- 16 Megapixel Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VIII Image Processor
- 4K 30P video plus HD 120 frames per second high-speed video
- Timeless, easy to use body design. Compact & lightweight with 2 dials, arrow pad and a Shortcut button
- 3.0″ tilting LCD monitor with intuitive touch screen operation and touch AF one step shutter release
- Cost $699 with carrying bag
#9: Nikon D3400
- SnapBridge Bluetooth Connectivity
- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter. Bluetooth Specification Version 4.1. Wi-Fi Functionality-Eye-Fi Compatible
- Native ISO 100-25600; 5 fps Shooting. Compatability information: C firmware v. 1.10 and later ( released August 31, 2016 )
- Average cost: $446.95
#8: Sony Cyber-shot RX10 IV
- World’s Fastest AF acquisition speed of 0.03 sec. Optical image stabilisation technology developed by Sony is valuable for handheld still and movie shooting, especially in low light or at the ultra-telephoto end of the zoom range up to 600 mm
- 315 phase-detection AF points covering Approx. 65% of the frame. Light Metering Mode- Multi Pattern, Centre Weighted, Spot (Standard/Large), Entire Screen Avg, Highlight
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-600mm3 f.2.4-F4 ultra-zoom Lens
- 20.1MP 1″ back Illuminated Exmor RS stacked CMOS sensor w/ DRAM. Dimensions (W x H x D) (CIPA)-5 1/4 x 3 3/4 x 5 3/4 inches, 5 1/4 x 3 3/4 x 5 1/8 inches (from front of lens to monitor). Weight-2 pounds 6.7 ounce(Battery and SDXC Card included)/ Approx. 2 pounds 5.1 ounce) (Body Only)
- 24 Fps4 continuous shooting up to 249 Frames5 with AF/AE tracking
- Average price – $1698
#7: Canon PowerShot SX730 HS
- 40x optical zoom with zoom framing assist
- 20.3 Megapixel^ CMOS sensor
- Digi 6 image processor
- Average cost $379
#6: Panasonic Lumix ZS70 / TZ90
- 20.3 Megapixel MOS sensor plus 30x Leica DC VARIO-ELMAR Lens (24-720mm), plus 5-axis Hybrid o.I.S. (Optical image stabilizer).
- 0.2-Inch 1, 166k-dot EVF (electronic view Finder) with eye-sensor for easier viewing under sunny outdoor conditions. Shutter Speed [Still Image]: Artistic Nightscape (Approx. 30 sec)
- 4K QFHD video recording (3840×2160), plus exclusive LUMIX 4K PHOTO and 4K Post Focus with internal Focus Stacking feature.
- Lens barrel mounted control ring enables quick, intuitive operation of important functions.AC/USB travel charging port
- Wi-Fi plus a 180 degree front flip-up touch feature-enabled screen simplifies selfie photography, and framing for unusual perspectives.
- Average cost $397
#5: Sony Cyber-shot HX90V
- LCD Screen Protector 3 Pack, Ultra-Compact Digital Camera Deluxe Carrying Case
- 64GB SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 R40 Memory Card, Hi-Speed SD USB 2.0 Card Reader
- Flexible Mini Table-top Tripod, NP-BX1 1600MAH Battery Pack
- High Speed micro-HDMI to HDMI A/V Cable – 6 Feet, Micro Fiber Cloth
- Average cost $269.91
#4: Panasonic Lumix ZS50 / TZ70
- LUMIX 30X Travel Zoom Camera with Eye Viewfinder
- Enhanced low-light sensitivity for improved sharpness even without a flash
- Built-in eye viewfinder eliminates outdoor glare on sunny days
- Intelligent Zoom 60x
- Lens:12 elements in 9 groups
- Average cost $199
#3: Sony Cyber-shot RX100 VI
- 24-200mm F2.8-F4.5 ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens
- World’s fastest (0.03 sec) hybrid AF system (contrast + phase)
- Battery life:Up to 330 shots / 165 minutes
- In-the-box: Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1, AC Adaptor, Micro USB cable, Wrist Strap, Strap Adapter
- Average cost $1,198
#2: Panasonic Lumix ZS100 / TZ100
- Large 1, 20 Megapixel sensor delivers brighter, more colorful photos with fewer image artifacts
- 10x (25-250mm) LEICA DC Lens optical zoom performance with a wide F/2.8-5.9 aperture for impressive background defocus effects
- 4K Ultra HD video recording plus exclusive LUMIX 4K PHOTO and 4K Post Focus photo capture features
- Eye-level Electronic Viewfinder (EVF) and touch-enabled LCD for a wider viewing experience
- Lens-mounted control ring brings DSLR-like exposure control to a compact point-and-shoot camera body
- Average cost $547.99
#1: Panasonic Lumix ZS200 / TZ200
- [Larger 1 Inch Sensor] 20.1 Megapixels large sensor for brighter and more colorful photos (12800 Max ISO).
- [LEICA DC 15x Lens] Leading class optical zoom performance with a bright F3.3 – 6.4 aperture for soft defocus background effects. (24-360mm, 5 Axis Hybrid O.I.S.+)
- [Creative Control] Scene modes, filter modes, adds creativity while traditional aperture and shutter priority modes allow for background defocus or eliminate sports motion blur.
- [4K Features] 4K Video 30p, 4K PHOTO, and 4K Live Crop turn 4K frame capture into photography.
- [Electronic Viewfinder] plus a touch-enabled LCD for greater control and easier image viewing.
- Average cost $797.99